Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Ball State Sports Link: 3rd Down Chirp (Army)





##########################################
Of Ball State sports links .
Third-down sure.
Is delivered by Papa John better ingredients better pizza visit Papa John's acecomm today for more info.
E.
If that doesn't get you excited for balls ever bothered something is wrong with you welcome back to another great addition a third-down chirp delivery by Papa Johns I'm your host lick my alongside the true talent the show's acuesto Bradfield.
Fellows football season has finally kicked off.
And it could have happened probably in a better way if your balls they feign boss to get a huge win at home over Illinois stay a great way to start the football season.
You know just great to be back out she would stay in Sac been even better on balls they get away.
It was great to be back at issuance them and get that big win against a very good almost 18 we talked about last week so let's focus on the game last Thursday by going to our opening drive.
With our three main headlines up what transpired of what we believe happened in that game Zack.
What can I set out to you about Ball State's winning its almost there we're going back to what you talked about last week with how much talent this as the esteem in almost a hat we looked over what transpired last weekend 7 FCS team took down FBS teams this weekend including eastern Washington they be.
Number 25 organ stay but what makes it even more.
Impressive is that FCS teams only have 63 scholarships as compared to the 85 FBS teams get and all these games at the FBS team school so home-field advantage for the FBS team just a very good when.
For Ball State to get a win over Illinois State what stood out to me was turnovers and something about the struggle with the last year Zack.
Was turnover margin a you know where the negative side of it there plus two on turnover margin already AM when they do commit no turnovers under coach limbo their 90 no turnovers last week also gets the win over Illinois Sturridge's always that statistic that coaches circle at the end the game cuz odds are if you won you won that turnover battle.
For me it was just the tail to have guys was a game that did not go Ball State's weigh in on that first app.
In all the Sun the second half whatever coach lemelson the locker room.
He keeps a last year there plus 68 on points.
Against their opponents in the third corps something the coach LeBeau say in that locker room is working.
Phenomenal job a tale to has for sure when you're looking a ball say.
In Illinois State well let's relive that game and go through the highlights here with our sounds other game segment as you'll hear the radio calls from Tyler brown feel from is broadcast on state radio station or balls then I 1.3 WZRD as we relive that ballsy when a real my stay.
Up.
How everybody and welcome the human 30 of people to keep their 13 college football season opener between the Baltic total the bisbee Illinois a Redbird we is Mark don't operate thank the staff and turn off the cuff way that was Thursday same will be in the end of.
Down for other 2013 these park rowing a boat they will take the staff at the cornerback if I keep wanting to keep wanting here don't know right into the fireworks going off now pursuing Stadium water people neither director the back to believe a smart on-topic here for that under.
Warm and protected nap gonna turn around faked a handoff with the fam the left side you got a nasty it but weird people I don't know how we got with bring way to the wall down milk but New York people don't don't bring it out with a half months 20 25 30 at the Walker.
Over the forty on a nearby want backward 40 the forty 30 the forty that packwood phony is always down bill if subject of will thank them for the iPod fire.
Right it got for the it Matt Myer.
It is right pick the don't get back to back to protect it look to it he fired.
Your partner.
Under dinner take that nap or delayed by that got broad like to buy with record for Illinois dated Tuesday make the most from left to right take the step back the happy got repeated going in anymore 340 for.
Of a with the football the right hash mark.
When you are headed off to do whatever way to the goal line it again here.
The water word about.
Yard of people willing to do whatever the final.
For from human medium in week 14 51 always be 48 of big garden or Ball State wins their third straight season opener head coach Pete Lembo which is the first time ballsy is 133 season openers.
Since 1975 to 1977.
Once again guys another milestone broken for this team under coach limbo.
Just were quickly again what stands out when you look at those statistics in the final score.
Well paul stay on the had a total 80 yards rushing on the game but Jordan Hansell the only returning off until I'm in the season.
He didn't play until the second half so I know the running game will get fixed but.
Second-half Jordan Hansell comes back in and provide some support the score doesn't really represent what the game was in the first after a late a tale of two house in this one balls that really struck in the first half to get.
On the same page when I walk in they got things situated the got things figured out came out the second after all 42 unanswered points.
2:50 128 word better than guys a lot how was.
Rushing yards film I say first time ever in the limbo era that they held a team under 100 yards rushing phenomenal job I coach Jay babe which will get the coach Bateman here later on in the show.
There's always that moment in a game like while the game changed at that moment what's called the turning point we're gonna pick are turning point for the gaming it's almost a.
Zack what was that moment for you where you're like this went only Ball State's favor after that point.
Was right after halftime in fact is the first scoring drive out a half a.
When he hits need a 9-yard touchdown pass by.
A play that was more important on that drive previous that play is the boss take a murder second and sixteen with the fifty are passed away sneed that was after or.
When he had already been sacked there's a huge momentum swing and a gable estate the first lead in the game's the scoring drive right other half very important for both say what came i turning point in the game was slightly after that around the three-minute mark in the third quarter with a nine-point game for Ball State.
And then Illinois State drop back with tear Barnett an interception by Ben angle that kinda seal the deal with a nine-point win five plays later Keith Wenning punch it into the end zone I was a turning point the interception by banning you're watching it right now on the screen as you see been in gaza got a little bit to help their from martes aster every turn it in which was also tourney ability what the new rules the NCAA implemented for me my turning point was that Jordan Williams touchdown right before the had time I got coach limbo.
As he was going to the locker is a that play was huge for us as you watch it right now on the screen.
Just change the moment and there was no moment I'm going for Ball State.
Until that moment at that point in time they came out the start the second half drove right down the field.
Scored hola change the complexion of the game not just for all.
The offense but ball stay only allowed one touchdown the rest away from Illinois state's perspective and that was against the second-tier group for Ball State so a phenomenal job by the Cardinals.
Well let's that's not what we want boys now time to focus on week two and it's against the Army Black Knights.
So let's meet this Black Knights squad they're all the way out west point new york the United States Military Academy it's a little bit of a ways away from Muncie Indiana schuman Stadium jest.
Under 700 miles as you can see right there were mikey stadium they will be making that track all the way out the play ball stay here schuman Stadium but for the first time since 2010 army one.
Their season opener this will happen guys last time they did that.
It was when they went bowling in 2010.
So this re-buy writing they're coming in with a whole buncha confidence.
In the look more in depth from army black Mac perspective who knows better and the play by play boys the re- Black Knights with are behind the mic segment with the voice.
The Black Knights which demarco I'm.
It's interesting because I think over the past few years we've always wanted to do with looks forward to seeing some typos consistent passing attacks supplement their tremendous triple-option this an army team which led the nation in rushing.
1 year ago and what this offense has been seeking is a big target on the outside that's been able to take some pressure of the running back to the offense live in trying to open up these holes and.
By the looks good game number one seed your boss just a tremendous looking freshman might just be.
That big receiver had two catches for 75 yards including a big 51-yard reception a beautiful.
24-yard catch on his a first offense to play as a collegiate player.
And so Mike Matthews olive 64 who can make those catches might be that type receiver barbequing getting the ball consistently an angel sent iago who really.
Didn't play much at all last year was third-string for most of the year.
Quarterback we saw Friday the most be seen for nearly two years.
He was able to get the ball on the outside get it tomorrow and thanks potentially the biggest difference.
In this office this tried this past Friday night to win over Morgan State was the first win for.
Army seasonal persons 2010 ironically to get out ironically that season army.
Went to a bowl game which was its first bowl game in 14 years first bowl win.
In 25 years you can't underscore just what picking up a victory means even if.
It was only maybe some might say a 16-point victory over Morgan how many FCS teams upset FBS teams.
This past weekend is getting that first win under your belt talking to these players this week to a man to a player just being 180 them in 10 since 2010 sold most of these players have never won their opener so I think defensively.
Just some kind of consistent pass rush.
I believe it is going to be a huge huge key on Saturday use tax the rich demarco for talking to us from the black my perspective.
Now let's look at let's see what the ballsy Cardinals think about this on me by nineteen by going to our core years corner as we caught up with rich cross key from the of the sides AB in our deep to coordinator and also they know that this army but nineteen.
Will be an extremely tough test I'm both sides of the ball present unique challenges and on the defensive side of the ball the really unique in that they play basically a run defense they play one high safety show which by numbers it's a throw the ball over snap at the same time get through ball first nap because I've the nature the office so.
We have to do a good job running the ball balls gotta get hit by the.
On block guy I know that doesn't sound real logical but as long as we get to that person I think our run game.
Be fine in the pass game we gotta be.
You know I was looking at two years ago taped as well as last year.
And the key to our past game was consistency.
I think keith has been somewhere around seventy five percent over last.
Games have to be we had a complete balls in front hitches the slants you know the inside inside routes and as long as we do that you stay on track I think we could be okay I think it's one thing to go from a team that's a tube at one team to a no one back Scott rollover more you know this is such a different animal it's it's a real challenge you know that it did.
The advantage we have is we have some kids at dinner for two years now so is a decent carryover.
We play myrlie Spirit Tracks a little bit in preseason but its used my gut is they fixing our broken total.
Better you know so I think that's far I'm a little better lot better.
Receiver I think what's good child all three the running backs a good players.
And the last year the bag can get hurt you know that the kinda were.
Was mister inside mister outside maples index inciting now all three are good the core back runs good.
So to me it's hard six which counsels coastal says told him all week long me a with are startin'.
Star bad against these guys can be a whole now that could be a bad situation so.
We can start great we have three now gets in the first two years I so that's our goal. the first drive of the game.
And then I think we've got to be able to handle you they want to block something a little different to give us a little bit different formation we've seen something new.
Got the upper hand inside just you that you know.
Ya which is when.
Thanks the coach babe in a coach crash you for talking to us for a regular segment here on 3rd down jerk or nader's corner guys from the balls the perspective who's the X Factor when you're looking at this game Saturday afternoon that you believe is gonna play huge impact.
Was cash payments to the way army runs the triple option as they use three backs in the backfield which makes it hard for them to go vertical on the edges.
With their with a deep threat but it's easier for them to run misdirection that way so my X Factor's the man in the middle Joe Cox.
He needs to be able to take on multiple box all this ground and if he can get.
Penetration that'll kill any momentum they have with the triple-option.
My X Factor's just to the right of Joel Cox net Nathan all the sack.
The fact that in a pretty big week last week and so nice they had a career-high three tackles for loss last year against army had nine tackles in the game one of them being a tackle for loss.
He can be pretty disruptive he's a week at the back against the triple-option offense apparently there's only one position we're looking for a job there budget this week for X Factor's I'm going job the new some on the defensive line you some had a productive day his army in West Point New York a year ago.
He had eight total tackles for them were all by himself and two of them were.
Tackles-for-loss John Newsome always a huge impact for ballsy on that defensive line one other guy has an impact when he gets into the game for Ball State from a different perspective is quittin Cooper and for Papa John's slice of life.
Segment we talked to Quinn Cooper about what goes on in his world.
Outside schuman Stadium I'm my name is going over often they know I'll a play cornerback slice Nickelback.
And I'm a junior this year I started when I was 5 years old mom sign me up mind that you really when.
That into it infill assley start a plan and.
A you found out I was pretty good for the NL starting to come out the Pride.
Watch me practice tomorrow piano becoming a cold.
Siddig on the bus they because really same pair.
Clearly mother Mamie incoming boss they.
My first after Astley we first came.
For the spring game by me into the office is a.
I did I have any offers enough and I said no I.
Receiving offers yet he saw me I'm here you forty thousand dollars me and my bare and in his office and I just got a crime.
Life I don't know all my hard work paid off.
When opposes that saying a you know they may have.
I got it nominee and I will call with him in their place called exist a.
A corsage members of background knowledge you're winning Colts 90.
I'll come here change things around there.
Made right this is remember my freshman year.
You know we have with your name on bosnian I like that the last game and.
So who have I would like to have if the and now.
Army nominate one thousand 10 came with a safe in their last 94 an army we win games to stand here for you.
Know when gang the standoff would like that so it's all about winning and.
That's what we're doing very happy that I came.
Nami everybody's on get a chance to play Division one college football.
And less every day I wake up to be able to.
Samovar they card huge thanks to Quinn Cooper for sit down with us for our Papa John's slice of life segment now guys were in the closing stretch over so you know what that means it's time for our final drive.
The shows we go to all the Mac games as we work to all those running in your predictions and we will start with a big one down the Bluegrass the as Miami Ohio they will go down and play at Kentucky both teams looking for their first win of the exactly have been their first win I like Kentucky a an SEC team.
I think they handle free Kentucky lost last week to Western Kentucky they've got Louisville next week they get the job done.
At the Kentucky gets the job done as well so i'm i'm in a while.
Just don't think they're going to get the job done down there for Kentucky our next game on the docket Eastern Michigan they got their first win of the a year I just the just a week ago not a year ago but a week ago.
Against Howard can I get it done against Penn State in the Big Ten fault that I don't think they're gonna get it done I have 10 stay in or out.
It's gonna be too tough to get it done Penn State when the whole I think Penn State once again sorry coach Ron English I love you you're a great guy but unfortunately I think he's from Michigan gonna come up a little bit short.
SK Arthur game we're looking at Bowling Green can't stay always a big rivalry game in the mid-american conference Zack the and the Falcons for the other flashes I think this is going to be a really really close and game but Bowling Green took care it also last week pretty easily and also is predicted to win the Conference USA outright I Boehringer than this one.
I agree with you it's a close game but I got the flashes I have the Falcons I think Bowling Green they're gonna start of the to and 0 now let's go U-mass a main you look at this game you think I U-mass Edwin right will mainly 13.
Out last four meetings fellows do they make it four out of five I think man whens U-mass only got one when in 2012 I think it's gonna be around at all this year as well.
I've got main on the road Mac power I'm going with you Matthew masses gonna pull out the win I think they will finally your buck the trend there finally mean for them from their perspective another day with another team at that FCS level i should say is new hampshire they're always up there in those rankings.
They have Central Michigan Central Michigan's coming off a tough loss against Michigan everybody loses at the big house it seems like exact the Central Michigan.
Do they chip their way back in to get a win I think the chip loss take care business after that be.
Down by Michigan think the land well this is new hampshire's first game the year.
I think Central Michigan takes a whole I have such a michigan is why I think the whole I think this will be a really good game Central Michigan edges at New Hampshire in the end up toledo that seems like they remember the SEC right now na member the mid-american conference they had to go.
To Florida first week hung around in like getting be you hang around again and pull out a win this time Zack what I think it's going to be closer than the Florida game by I think missouri gets the wind me too much i graph it has the potential to be close I think was very will get it done because extremely tough to go to an SEC team.
I i have Missouri as well it's going to be tougher to leave do just a brutal start their season but just cuz they roll into their gonna be tough for Ball State when they are playing all the other japanese teens you look at Baylor they will host Buffalo you think maybe just a couple weeks ago wasn't starting buffalo's routed they held on they held their own against number to Ohio State do they hold their own.
Eek out a win here at Baylor I don't think they're gonna get the when I like Baylor in this one but a p.
A person people should know about it we'll match that outside linebacker for Buffalo eight tackles.
Two and a half sacks and I N T return for a touchdown against a hot day.
He's a player people need to keep their Boise before play a close game last week against Ohio 42-20 loss.
But the Baylor at home number twenty-three go with me exact I'm gonna go at Baylor's watch is gonna be tough for Buffalo going on the road.
Going to get experience from a website have a good team out there world.
Watch out for the buffalo bulls but unfortunately they're just gonna fall short not come up James Madison Akron this is another interesting game I was unique to FCS teams are always up there.
The Bulldogs NJ mass in zip by tackling.
Guy like Matt power in this one that's.
I I could see the potential for to be close you know I wouldn't be surprised at James Madison does well in this game but also but zip it up blue goes it wow all these cliches answer the answer acrid fans will love it right now.
I have akron is why the GAC and they will hold on I'm not shown a disrespect those teams massive Bulldogs it will be close mackerel poured out India North Texas.
At Ohio poll the Bobcats rough start their season Teddy Bridgewater and we're all pretty much threw and ran all over 'em but looks like they could bounce back here do you see the Bobcats bouncing back against me angry in North Texas this is really our first glimpse of North Texas again some acting.
I like North Texas Ohio on a short week I'm going green by C North Texas when it hurts the Mac but it helps Ball State Cup of the housing next week got the Bobcats I have the Bobcats rolling.
They will roll they will be mad after that we'll game they're gonna stop all over the Mean Green.
Attack side at the Sam to you and nickel say at Western they gotta say not their Kalamazoo in its row the boat stay together as a team had a rough start against Michigan State a big tenfold what do you think that Western Michigan can start were on the boat the right direction I like Western pretty easily you know they struggle to row the boat last weekend's Michigan State lost erode the boat they get the way.
A Western Michigan once again there in a row the boat just like these a.
They will get the win as well alright boys now it's time for the game of the week.
It's always our game the week is false they they will host army 1 o'clock.
Kick schuman Stadium Zack already have in this when you go with the Black Knights are they gonna steal the thunder from Coach limbo on the card I don't think I'm gonna the Black Knights gonna give you more realistic score for my route this week I'll I like Boston this one.
Pretty pretty easily I don't think it'll be very close at all this game.
45 to 70 see the triple option in the backfield for the Black Knight is gonna be something that both states gonna have to deal with an address on the defense's then.
But I've got both in this one 3821 write it down sack all right down to write this war down you want to keep this one eyeball say it's gonna be a good game if I think they will pull the way I think it will be army 42 21 it should be an interesting ballgame Joe Santiago.
Seems like he's gonna be found dual-threat quarterback armies gonna run.
I won't be a surprise it will be a shocker anybody but they may be able to throw the ball but it will not be enough I think the Black Knights fall short.
Against Ball State Cardinals march on begin the season 2 I'll see in the North Texas next week well that does it for this edition.
Up third-down chirp once again before we go reminded guess on Facebook and Twitter Facebook you can search is Ball State sports like for all the updates not just on balls the football but all the balls the athletic teams.
And also for more information on third outer pitcher falls on Twitter at third answer once again for all the updates on Ball State athletics at be issue sports like for everybody on the floor for our producers drew Adams and how excited you a phenomenal job putting the show together and for Zack use tyler Bradt feel I'm Luke Martin thank you so much for watching and we'll see you again next week they've been %uh.


##########################################

No comments:

Post a Comment