Sunday, February 12, 2017

NBA -Kevin Durant




##########################################
Please welcome the 2013-14 kia NBA most valuable player kevin durant i come from come from small County outside of washington DC called PG County meet my mom my brother we move so many different places going up like a box for like it was not getting no I love basketball so much i love planning.
I just never thought that we could make it to college.
NBA we're standing here today and find the guise of being NBA MVP so many people believe me when I didn't believe in myself so many people doubted me and motivated me every single day to be Who I am I feel so many times and get back up.
I've been through the toughest times when my family.
You better still standing it was cool to see how more people were on my speech.
But that's not what I'm here to do i'm gonna sleep to win championship three years ago we were two games away from when NBA type last season we lost in the western conference finals as I was walking through the tunnel everything just kind of flash before my eyes.
Fun.
Of the second my whole life I was the second best player in high school second pick in the $YEAR NBA draft I came second in finals tired of being said I'm not gonna settle for that i'm done with it.
Looking at 64 degrees in 90.1 FM wls the sports animal if you look at it the Thunder where the second best team in the NBA and that tells you they're not far off.
I don't know unless there's a major addition to the team this summer will continue to be a second-place team after we lost on for three days i didn't i didn't leave the house she said there I know what to do I know what it felt like to tonight get up and go to practice.
I was expected us to be in the finals I thought embarrassed I felt like I let people down there are different cuz I was so focused and locked in what we were doing but you know is supporting gay man i just had to reflect on the season and learn from it and get better from hopefully this summer and let it go to be honest he's ready to go tomorrow to LA I know you got to get the house I don't know what to do but you got to get the house ready.
You gotta get a house by the gym somewhere by UCLA and they're all going burning black cliff everybody's leaving tomorrow.
Always enjoy coming out late visiting so I want to see how it was living in last summer was one of my best so much as far as working out and getting better so I want to do it all over again oh that's what hurts a lot of Muslim so we decided to go with a place in Beverly Hills is quieting yeah and according two bags and that's all I really need it i'm taking a massive speedy go figure out the wrong.
This is me.
First thing we're going to bless the court is grateful than how you boys hear what you did you go with the opportunity never talk about wins we never talk about losses we just enjoy being around each other and help me online gaming fight club now.
Oh you put that performance Charlie bill who have known since I was eight years old.
Who's been there for me ever since they want on a cliff when play you bought together about 16 really black is what we call me names device hey I met him when I was in seventh grade all that screaming and he down to that just having a support system around they just take your mind off of it he always wanted to play best 1i was thing uses quiet he didn't he say much he hang around by you just tall lanky kid walking around the hallways still the same way like he is now say a little bit more than talk a little more trash now that you did yeah i remember with 12 13 everybody out there 18 19 20 years old body on mine just man who's this ancient okay 13 years old I whose is agent he started to bring the ball up court and Sue god Pan had court he's letting the flat one with the girls he said parents have court at 14 years old that's why not all people in his whole area he just upped the whole community and all the little kids never buy that scene when he was little everybody ohh thats are coming my phone's memory going to thread for this he said man I have a lot of family and friends here I came out the hotel it was three busloads of people you're ready right now.
He worked as if he still trying to get to the NBA.
That's not hardware he's still trying to get there and he's dead i'll never talk about stuff like this but I know they fold their wings common in your motion blah god man crazy.
Godwin again you'll win yeah yes window for our right here control keeps Tom and Jerry control over those samples aim he pushed me to just go enjoy myself taking vacation just laugh and have fun you know because i'm always focused in you always in Game Oh is what i call this off you know just be able to decompress a little bit and enjoy your time & Young on a raleigh but better it is hot that's not the session it's time to consider what does not work in a Smith we asked the question come playoff time it's a big man's it's a man's game.
No longer boys game Kevin the red has to learn and do a better job posting up smaller guys for anybody but him to post up the bag people doubt you're not winning championships if you're shooting criminal shouted not happening when the season ended everyone told me I should rest but I didn't want to stop.
I wanted to work harder than I've ever worked this offseason figure right here it's in the in your shop pocket when you have second foots so boom loaded hit up ok just load why we spend I don't play for the Mavericks four-year play for Denver for years and went overseas you got really close with Dirk Nowitzki's when he was with the Mavericks train with him for a while over in Germany and that's when you picked up all the unorthodox movements and shots and injuries that we use cash every day has been something new and fresh and that's what I wanted so just think of so it's still a first step you're going to engage Donnie so that's a good yeah your left leg is going to engage him it's gonna knock him back good they there you go good feel cat field momentum going this way shots this way ok we go here contact that's gonna get us the m13 got big fingers trusted ya 2 3 4 get 1 105 good.
Hey way fritos we don't win on that probably you know second yeah so 34 days to it that's game shooting hang out here we go ten and we're not just we put in the most work when people don't really see it i don't really look at is this offseason this is one of the most important times in a year you know because you prepare for this time next year you know hopefully being in the finals.
You're paying for that right now the land from San Antonio that's pretty what . ly lebron is going up if they lose his soul was tough to watch you know because you want to be there as a competitor we want to win that's the biggest thing in this league is one in championship you know as a student of the game had to sit in and and as painful as it was and learn from visionary ground floor final seconds tick off or the Spurs other 2014 NBA champions stuck under there you go perfect good we'll go five in a row from five spots little shimmy to the baseline but you're coming middle perfect nice and easy good big step good i go to each way we got 15 in a row.
Come dressed in soaked in salt II from just playin ball day that's like the most productive day I've had because that's what I love to do my whole day revolves around me waking up working out o grass from the e shoot over there and go home to go eat again slide over here playing games and then just getting up there next morning going to work out.
Basketball everyday all day i love to do a sound bite and you'll be done so you're literally done at eleven-thirty and then go on for your interviews quick and easy only about stronger kind only about the workouts nothing about free agency or anything playoffs anything like that maybe team USA having guided time come and work with abused and neglected children foster children.
And I really believe that this experience today st. our children's life where I come from element I wasn't supposed to be i call from poverty crime and kids just don't make it out you know as a kid I was always taught that you got to be tough you gotta be hard yes you're not supposed to show emotion are but as I got older and and more secure with myself you know it was cool to be different.
That's why I'm here today I never thought I'd be able to impact people the way i have so far I'll take pride in that I'm just a regular guy you know I played ball on TV sometimes and knowing that I can give them hope and inspiring has been something that's been like a dream come true.
Alright so you have your two interviews sound bites and we're done CNN and hopping tempos thought the green room out here yet so your contract sending next year do you think you're gonna stay with the Thunder yeah well I got two more years more contract so i'm just trying to stay focused on what we have here in Oklahoma City and not worry about stuff every time don't the two years they don't that's right before she takes me about know they specifically told her I saw it specifically off-limits and they specifically asks just have no respect for any boundaries she's even know she's here free agent next time.
Go not all the way up let's see where we come across that to interrupt just go around the content s is up to the cyclone.
Don't come on come on come all the way up over daughter she's the Daytona you showed my tattoos tattoo guys let's go no I use restless mind can push me while we're working out we can push each other to help us both get better and turn to help our team you better we're going to a little suicide and go up to that one when it comes across the one that lean towards us and the next one down and the next one down there we go right welcome all Russian thought it would be a great idea for us to work on our explosiveness and quickness course i will never be as explosive as quick as restroom would like brothers and I'm just blessed to have somebody like that rely on and play with brothers fight brothers you know we love each other and we support each other you should do this when ya coming out of time with my brother when we simply walking steps and we just be fucking around up and now nobody gets our younger you know I've been with him for six years and we went through some tough times early one as a team but we got the dead and we continue to just keep growing.
Everybody who comes in i'll look at me and rest as the leaders today we're going to make some big news in a few minutes kevin durant will join us to debut his latest signature shoes from nike but did you also know that he grew up just a few miles from here if you didn't then it's time you get to know Kevin Durant like you don't know you grew up in is there you didn't have to come very part of it now yeah I grew up not too far from here and she was good to come back in and release my shoe here my seven shoe in this level and I got my own tennis shoe we're going to work with katie designer shoe that case going to actually wear next year it still hasn't hit me yet to be honest I never would have thought that this will happen you know I walk down the street and kids like man i just bought shoes today and I just sit there and wow somebody actually walked in and say I want some kevin durant sneakers well lots of excitement about kevin durant's new nike shoes at 87 it's important to know that these could potentially be the last Kevin Durant Nikes ever made since trance contract with mikey is almost over and there's rumors that under armour is coming after a big-time very interested in katy and we'll see what we'll see good i was born in washington DC my brother my mom and I we move with my grandma see pleasant area and see pleasant that's why i started learning game of basketball that's why I built the love for basketball you feel about now no la here for you don't rosemary by mission I got mixed emotions I used to spend all that you know I we used to come back every summer but it got crazy and crazy it's hard it's hard to go places and just cheer 140 houses see pleasant was like the murder capital of Maryland hold one that's all around that time was like John's what I knew all those and if you stare at that drawing was like safe hate person i'm going to school I spend most of my time I used to catch this all the way up there using my first haircut ever was in his barbershop.
So this will open up here today shows how much were they might be there's gonna be some tackle business and I'm doing is I'm trying to give me round up every time I come out for life no matter what you do that you just make it to leave at like your hero for brushes people just get your hope you a basketball players from I see the potential you have light you can walk around the streets and I get touched because but is doing here you gonna make it out of here that's where else to go ok.
I work out on the court drills but pickup is where all my instincts for you I love being around atmosphere i love being around basketball players i love to hear people talk trash to me when I'm out in the neighborhood playing I love it.
That's that's the best part of something to me.
I was the youngest guy in the league when I got drafted 18 years old I went from living in a two-bedroom apartment sleeping at winberries my 697 brothers to been an MBA.
It's just been crazy just to see the progress you know myself as a man as a player as a as a businessman I'm excited about the future i just got to keep me working these are things that are critical to Katie number one has to have a passion for the brand and we need to create consistency throughout all of his partners moving forward so character rain is the best fastball clean the world is an original once-in-a-lifetime player this is vital passion for the game and commitment to be the best and winning championships off the court as professional ground double given this is through this guidance this is just the beginning you know today is the foundation from where we have to go 7.
Steve Nash and I worked out with him a few times this summer and so just learn from from different guys and something that I never had a chance to doing in a pass one thing that I really wanted to have you help with him today especially is just some of that some of that rabble like some of this you know means once it throughout through your 18 years in the NBA that you've learned that you don't get away with things like that so see if you can you can start how everyone i'll hit you but you're cute you're trying to make it hard to get down there you go good that's all I want good and Stephen has talked to measure my go you're on campus . so great it's a great one you can get away with all this time he wants a passive yeah because you in here yeah taking far too so you can decide i can catch it here.
Yeah whatever you want but you can where he's playing not good ok let's do the lockbox okay three four five six.
Good to see you.
We got my voice good.
This is one of my good three come on making here we go to work baby good we go.
That was 45 minutes from the start great cardio.
Tomorrow not going.
Run 5004 food the brawn and Carmelo are dominating the free-agency discussion but at another name has now caught the attention of teams like the Bulls thunder and rockets.
Its power is all the Spanish big man has become one of the most sought after free agents in a very busy summer thank you for coming today we have a little bit of a schedule we want to go through the voice-over over your voice it sounds super important you know that journey you know that voice is a little bit the heart and soul of our of this part.
Ok this is voiceover be alternate north american version rolling well all you need to know is where to put the ball look I would go a little slower yeah a little bit slower well all you need to know is where to put the bossy i think i right wrong or other thing was well all you need to know is where to put the ball okay that's that's that's kinda how well does that all you need to know I think we're all you need to know is what about the ball well all you need to know is well all you need to know is where to put the ball can do it again well all you need know is where to put the ball.
Thanks so much.
He was having breakfast superstars Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook have reportedly met with power is all today in Los Angeles dissolved Kim okc of much-needed inside presence marc Stein from ESPN broke the news this morning over Twitter you know much done to her keys and power house right now luckily neither giving them your great wide as a kid on the course so we're bouncing the ball the batter's player a lot but he doesn't even know yet great got all right night of obviously we love the post player like power of god I can do so much great for so many people they can score himself I went out to his house for us we're not to his house i was taking him everyday bugging him to come play for us and the meeting okay it went really well you know I've left it like that like it could be something he's more concerned about the city wanted i enter like orchestras and when she really NBA free continues and dominated the headlines today Mellie and you will be returning of course the New York Knick the sold sign of the joint Eric world was a member of the Chicago that it was just kind of like i would say like the stabbing the test was you know I want it I want him to play for us want him to be a part of it I felt that he can help us you know get over top I'm the one championship but happens the missing players every year teens miss out on guys over you but you want your leaders to step up and that's what I have to do.
He has to do more is it's hard to think of kevin durand think yeah that guy needs to expand his game but yet he has to because you know what they didn't get a palace soul so dragons game has to evolve and if that happens I think they're very capable of winning an NBA title in this old body work door what's been up.
Now the summer gone too far it's quick yeah.
Yes why today we got us a best was summer too so should be fun but you know took away half my summer 20 of the top players in the country are headed to las vegas nevada for a month-long cleaning before heading to speed to defend their title but without NBA the leaf players like LeBron jeans Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony on the roster this world cup will be extremely challenging for Team USA so it's been like as a six-year process images being every summer working with the US 18 it was always go 2-2 to win gold medal constantly putting work with that it back in my mind when I wanted to play for my country new guys coming in.
Rising stars in this league so you know it's a big pool players that they always choose that each and every summer my name is kevin durant member USA basketball.
My name is Kevin right no problem for us good you guys house.
Yeah well the other thing is I think you like you're falling back on a lot of your shots and you don't have to you got curry and harden and you'll get an open shot.
Kevin was over time that you thought about maybe taking some time off always want to be you know.
My best were like this short when you look at it and grass him think so is one of our players must oppose me get this off.
Turtles are working for some depends i was always kinda just kind of tough to server.
Stop.
They come to Oklahoma City and see the love that they get their garden what.
Obviously for you you satisfied where you are in oklahoma city but there's always talk about a guy in his hometown and kinda give us a comment on their know how much work into that one alright.
Kevin rants commitment to USA Basketball phenomenal.
He was basketball but he really loves representing this country and thank God that he does.
Thank you all.
The best part of course the one-on-one apologize and James Harden to the best players in the league i'm a student of the game on the fan of the game I'm really interested to see how those guys work and what they do you have planned against each other is gonna make it better be going to try to go each other.
Some stuff on our core you compete against somebody want to win welcome everyone to Las Vegas and the purpose of a mission for 20 the top basketball players on the planet tonight inside the thomas & mack center USA basketball takes its first step to derrick rose.
Been reborn the former NBA MVP and kevin durant the rating and BB his blue against white next rows back mr. Rand posted doing and Slayer you know.
I was thinkin do not hurt that guy is so awkward you know what you're playing you know because it just didn't feel right for some reason goes and finds the ball Jorge Jorge kind of quiet i was struggling a little bit a game was shot so you know that's like that when you struggling you just trying to do anything to pick a game with its still block assists four rebounds something to get you going and that's what he tried to do with chains and it was just a freak accident is lake at this tension perfectly in order for it to the break George taking up.
Ran into the stanchion and I can see so I was just like what's going on you know DeMarcus Cousins just like he just broke his sleigh and firsthand with more maza he can't play no more to the stand that this is the most important thing right now is just making sure that these guys stay healthy.
It was tough to go to I just tried to be strong for him when I went down there and talk to my just put my hand on his chest and pray for me you know told Mary thing's gonna be alright everything's on hold.
Everything's on hold right now should be with you so inappropriate for us talk about anything else.
It was tough because I know how much she loves to play basketball and I was first thing I was worried about his his sanity you know gotta love the play so much should be taken away from from from freak injury was it was tough to see when you see something like that so crucial in front of you of course you're going to thank man this could happen to me.
My next step is when we dealt it will be make sure i'm careful because it could happen to anybody but at the same time I was more so tired in anything in the next week you know remember i want to okc for my caps.
I was like man trained tire the practices to travel shoot around that means and stuff like that I was like this is draining so I told rich i don't know if i want to continue to play because I'm tired man i'm going to enjoy the rest of my son work on my game in my own time.
We supported me on Charlie supported me on my family friends supported me and I just you know I made the right decision based on how I felt so that's like Coach cannot call you it's important or right on the head.
Bracket.
It's time to get started k you guys going to bed good way to learn right to get better first of all just look at your parents say thank you part of highlight of my summer getting it teaching guys also learn a little bit from you guys as well so let's get started.
I'll tell you shoes that men want you to show you the point guard up man you ready.
This nose and start let's go also my friend and you know you can do it easy okay so you can be the right job no one else know.
Good good like my body feels great it was just like man right now I've been for someone straight bro since I've been in the league I've been watching about it took everything out of me that initial injury it's another everything I had.
Team USA energy just shifted away from the right.
That in fact that we can get hurt because I can't walk outside and get it what's up man.
This is the hardest thing I had to do clothes along.
And then not really say it but I think this is the best arrest this summer hopefully we'll get another chance to meet you guys in 2016 no i think is best for me this is tough for me man this is this is one of the hardest things I've had to do you know I feel like it's the right thing to do for myself but at the same time of night.
I'm let somebody down hate that feeling you know I've been doing this every summer since I've been Indian I think what exception want so i think that you know we just had me fully focus on get right for the Thunder and life season thanks a lot for understanding once I made the call he was so understanding it made me feel at peace with my decision and I was able to to go out there and it did you know where I got the phone coach cages kinda you know let my shoulders down a little bit and just relax Kevin Durant has dropped out from Team USA and this couldn't have come at a worse time with an already depleted roster drain was expected to lead this young team to golden spain with Paul George's injury and now Durant's decision to drop out Team USA is that a major disadvantage because they had to space we all i gotta do leasing say like I know there's nothing you can do about side i can understand.
Yo.
I could see God putting tired of all your four years Sandberg as mover I couldn't do a dog when I was out there I was like man this shit couldn't do it well tired dog i think this is gonna pay off for him this year I i do think he needed arrest if you had a question one thing at the end of the year year ago was fatigued and the playoffs I think it will help him this year that I was I was I was Justin but I was like yeah you're right but you have a last week.
Ya gotta worry about gonna seize listo when you're on the cover of NBA 2k15 of your introduced last the MVP coming around maybe I'm gonna ask certainly know where you're coming from how tough decision wasn't for you don't have to step away from from this group that was tough but I think for myself I just need to take a step back and get ready for the next season it and rest up you know play along longer a two-game season this passion so I want to be smart myself and of course i love the play the game i love USA basketball though these guys but you know I think it was best for me to just take a step back and rest and be ready for the next season all right you three come from practice today I sir for the practice is good definitely the competition levels is that all time huh.
And you just challenging you're pushing pushing each other because whatever obviously we're going against each other competing in practice we're all you know going towards a common goal of finding that 12-man roster in winning a gold medal Katie what is it that you do better than anybody huh you don't have to be humble your word is not friends and people with cameras i was nothing score but anybody different ways different shots efficiently we always have this discussion on our show and it always comes down to you and Bella well us haha well for us don't forage sucks because this Jimmy and call abortion great d we live with that fuck out.
Doing that shit to me things called me standing who are born what Kevin rates deal is up with Nike and under armour's been courting him and it's an unbelievable offer but Mikey's got a chance to come back and match that offer and he's got a history with 19 quite frankly he's the future basketball so nike would be foolish not to go after me what's 275 million dollars tonight that's called a wise investment so many era the end you don't tell you the good hand should go see your mark and designers do we can go please come here.
I know but let's not wait time is of the essence.
We'll go upstairs.
Oh you gotta get coming does for me so that painting from reality yeah national 300 guys you always watch your wing floor Marc myself nice enjoy lesson well as what Romans goodnight do any kind of your you guys decide okay we're deciding this is the signature pages me these all the okay we're going right away ultimately my heart was always with Nike and I build such a great relationship with everybody.
It wasn't just about any dollar amount he was about what we'll be doing like wait for the next ten years there have been two alive and we've you know we've built a great part so i can't wait to see what have the store and brother are you going to go back to work at like and you ready with only a couple days left before training camp I went back to LA to get in the last few workouts may one more push before something that could work.
Supermac don't you REBOUND yep hey this'll be our titles team that we had you know I can feel it because we all been working on this on the wall keeping contact dr. summer.
Vascular this week we have all the time in the world but chemistry can be a lot better for us.
Good.
We always like our core guys is gonna fit in with group.
Oh come on.
At this point out that I can compete with anybody i'm almost like people myself because I would be my own person whole player.
You don't have to be a certain way just to win.
People always ask me if it's hard to plan a small market but i love this city people talk about okc is usually always about a tragedy the bombings order tornadoes but those things that make these people are so strong two days after the tornado here all of this every every home seals tore down I was crazy i was sitting at home watching the first thing I went through my mind is that we bounced back our community always we found out we always get back up here congratulations this is a step forward and people continue to support our community currently 63 @ 90.1 FM w wls the sports animal started the season only a few weeks out we've got media day on Monday than tuesday BAM their right now Kevin Durant is going to be only about winning but that is his main and only goal right now as a basketball player he's got the MVP he's got the shoe contract but right now Kevin Durant's legacy is all going to be about championships and I think this will drive him even more toward that goal we have breaking news 12 days into training camp the Oklahoma City Thunder have announced that reigning MVP Kevin Durant has been diagnosed with a stress fracture in his right foot will be giving more details as they become available yesterday after practice Kevin alert our medical staff of feeling a little bit of an aching in his right foot.
He's starting to show signs of this and we need to address it before it becomes something more significant and that he misses more time you know he's going to recover from this he's going to recover you know quickly but we're going to be really cautious as we with every player this definitely wasn't started season I was looking for you not played a lot of mixing paint is this is the grind of the season but this was a little different something that I felt works with our I was ready to show my teammates and coaches and rest of the league what I got was definitely below you know the never had surgery before never misses much time and not be on the court my team for the first month will be tough over-stressed abode.
I can really appreciate a journey and the steps you have to go to in order to get to the top.
I have no doubts about us getting there and I feel confident that we can get there one day but I think you're going to change that we take to get there has always been up and down you know peace and valleys.
You want to win that's the biggest thing is there is one in championship time to get it done.
This has been a presentation of HBO Sports.


##########################################

No comments:

Post a Comment